“When the facts change, the only right thing to do as a public-serving institution is to take a look with fresh eyes and see if there is a way to improve the plans and to stay on budget,” Tony Marx, the library’s president, said Wednesday in an interview.
- Renovations at NY Public Library strike a nerve (cnsnews.com)
- Library Renovation Plan Awaits Word From de Blasio (nytimes.com)
- New York Public Library President on the Library’s Controversial Renovation Plans (wnyc.org)
- Barbarians at the Gates of the New York Public Library (nakedcapitalism.com)
- New York: Lawsuit Filed to Stop New York Public Library Renovation (infodocket.com)
- ArtsBeat: Cultural Heavyweights Let Public Library Know They Don’t Like Planned Revamp (artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com)